We appreciate your interest in our Part Time Receptionist position. Unfortunately, the position has closed. Please visit www.kaltire.com/opportunities to explore our current career opportunities.
Kal Tire is a Canadian company that was founded in 1953 and has grown to become Canadas largest independent tire dealer. Based in Vernon, BC, Kal Tire has flourished by focusing on customer service and teamwork. Kal Tires key differentiator is its 5000+ Kal Tire team members who are committed to exceeding the customers expectations with the best technical skills, quality products, competitive prices and exceptional service available anywhere.
Kal Tire is currently seeking to fill a part-time (maximum 3 days per week) Receptionist position on a permanent basis at the Vernon Office. The main function of this role is the operation of the Vernon Office switchboard, screening and redirecting all incoming calls, managing the visitors logbook as well as locating individuals through the inter-office paging system. The receptionist is required to greet guests, provide them with security tags, and direct them to the appropriate individual/department at Kal Tire. This position also provides backup support with respect to secretarial functions and preparation of a number of reports either for or to the various Kal Tire locations.
- Screening and re-directing of incoming calls in a timely fashion.
- Managing visitors to the building.
- Managing the visitors logbook, as well as locating individuals by calling or emailing.
- Required to greet guests, provide them with security tags, and contact individual/department.
- Expedite the customer service calls by putting calls through to the customer service line.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Maintains a professional image and telephone skills.
- Complete understanding of the workings of the Switchboard.
- Prepare internal help memos for the Stores division.
- Prepare, approve, code and invoice business card orders.
- Maintain and update outlet list.
- Produce, stuff, and mail out customer letters.
- Support the administration team by helping with various secretarial duties.
- Complete understanding of Word and Excel.
- Provide backup support with respect to secretarial functions and preparation of a number of reports either for or to the various Kal Tire locations.
- Prepare and send out 5 year service pins.
- 6+ month administration experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of a multi-line switchboard.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and the ability to work in a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Experience in dealing with customers.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to perform meticulous and accurate data entry.
- Ability to meet deadlines.