Kal Tire's Wheel Refinishing Program
Kal Tire offers state-of-the-art Powder Coat™ wheel refinishing. Powder coating applies a nice consistent finish to your wheels, making older wheels look new again. The coating is available in silver, black and white, as well as other custom colours. Aside from esthetic reasons, powder coating can prevent excessive rust and corrosion. Corrosion on wheels can cause disc wheels to come loose, prevent proper sealing of nuts and create a tire sealing problem. Our new advanced system has a quick turn-around time. Kal Tire will transport your wheels to and from our coating facility in a maximum of two to three weeks.
Added Benefit - Inspection
In addition to refinishing your wheel, each wheel goes through and thorough inspection for hairline cracks and worn bolt holes. This means only safe wheels are put back into service.
- Proprietary Showcase Powder Coating resins are specifically designed for optimum performance, high gloss and optimum corrosion protection against the extremely harsh environment of commercial truck wheel applications
- Continuous measured feed of blended shot to the centrifugal blast wheels for precise delivery of shot at the wheel or rim
- Allows for a compliant 2.5 to 3.0 mil recoating of the wheel or rim
- One-coat coverage, transfer efficient electrostatic application, Infrared Curing technology
- The application of Powder Coat is a point and spray, it is magnetically applied to the bare spots.This means better coverage because it is magnetically sucked into all the nooks and crannies of the wheel
- Offers a smooth, deep SUPER gloss finish
- Available in Bright White, New Black, Wheel Grey. Special Order colors are Silver and Red Baron
- Eighty generators offer four zones of control from each side of the oven, allowing for a complete finishing process in less than two hours.
- The end result: faster service, better quality and reduced customer inventory.